Menu
jamesdnicholls
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No internet after 9pm

Hello everybody, for several weeks our virgin media wifi stops working after roughly 9pm. We get an error "No Internet Connection" - this is across a range of devices including mobile phones and laptops.

It happens every night, without fail. What could be causing it? In the day time the wifi works fine

0 Kudos
lmacilroy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet after 9pm

Have you at any point put "time restrictions" on your connection. If you log into your router and click the "advanced" button at bottom right then go into "security" scroll down to "Timed access rules" and just check that there arent any rules in place to restrict access after 9PM. If so check mark the "delete" box and hit "Apply".

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet after 9pm

Hi jamesdnicholls, 

Thanks for letting us know that you have no internet after 9PM without fail for several weeks or so, I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have tried to run some diagnostics on your connection from here however, I was unable to locate any of your details via your forum account. In order to proceed I will need some additional information from you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with diagnostics. Please respond to me there and I'll ensure this all gets sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos