Menu
Bevclark
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No connection windows 10 updates

Spoiler
I am losing the will to live ! No connection on my laptop but other devices in house are connected so suspected updates problem went to suggested page tried everything still no connection. I am not technical ! Tried ringing tech dept but that just rings out with music....no help What do I do and please not too much tech jargon !
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No connection windows 10 updates

You would need to update your wireless card drivers. To do that, you would need to connect by Ethernet cable seeing as wireless (I assume that's the problem) doesn't work. Then Google 'updating wireless drivers Windows 10) and choose the most illustrative guide. It would take an hour to compose and type out here.

The basic steps, with plenty of unavoidable tech speak is to use Windows Settings to reach DEVICE MANAGER.

Locate the wireless adaptor in the network device list and click on it.

On the resulting window, select the tab that allows you to update the device driver and select that option.

If you are told that you already have the latest driver, then you are reliant on Google giving you details for finding the adapter's manufacturer, model etc. Then you go to the manufacturer's support web sit, find the driver for your adaptor, download the driver, execute what's downloaded, reboot and fingers crossed.

Do please keep us posted.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Bevclark
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No connection windows 10 updates

Thanks we managed to sort problem and get it working but still had a problem with office word. Microsoft uninstalled and reinstalled but still word docs would not save. Level 2 tech then called and hey presto everything working.  Thanks for your advice 

0 Kudos