Menu
lynnhill1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No Wifi but works through Ethanet cable?

On Friday 24th my connection started to drop out. Checked service status and had no issues. Called and was told the usual ' sending new signal etc etc'. This went on for 3 days when somebody finally said its because you need a new router.  28th new router...even worse. Called again. on hold for 48min to be told its sorted and to give it 30min. My speed when i can stay connected for long enough is 0.4 and I've only got broadband so I've had to call of my mobile but they keep doing/saying same rubbish. I've just tried to connect my laptop direct with cable to router and its working fine. Really cant take calling the virgin media circus again so hoping someone could help me on here?

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Wifi but works through Ethanet cable?

Hello lynnhill1

I am sorry you have been having problems with the broadband, if as you say it is working okay with a wired laptop then this is most likely a wireless issue, perhaps local interference. I notice when you called in we tried a channel change, wireless can be so difficult at times, we have a guide here that may help Getting the best Wireless Network Signal

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos