Menu
aceatco
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No Wi-Fi for a Week

My SuperHub 2 broke last Satuday, no wi-fi. The desktop that is wired to it (which I am using now) is OK. Tried all sorts of reboots/resets to no avail.

Engineer cannot come until this Saturday, very frustrating!!!

Is it likely to be another SuperHub 2 or is 3 now the one to have?

Also, why cannot I log into the router on the desktop via 192.168.0.1 to see what's going on?

Steve
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Wi-Fi for a Week

It may be worth doing a factory reset of the SH2, bearing in mind this will reset all passwords \ SSIDs back to their default values and any Port Fprwarding rules and MAC reservations will be lost unless backed up beforehand.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

sounds like the router could have semi crashed or something. Have you tried a pinehole reset?

0 Kudos
aceatco
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks both. Yes, done the pinhole reset, several times! Been reading comments about the SH3. It seems not to be without problems?? I need port forwarding.
Steve
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I take it the factory reset was a sucess and your passwords and all that reverted to their default values, the FR can be a bit finnicky.

If you want "advanced" features for your network I would think about getting a decent third party router and put the basic entry level hub into modem mode.

0 Kudos
aceatco
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The factory reset did not work, there is still no wi-fi and I cannot telnet into the router (SH2).

Port forwarding worked fine for me on the SH2, I assume it will on a SH3?

Steve
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi aceatco, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your persistent issues with no WiFi connection on your Hub, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested your connection from here and I can see that all of your downstream power levels are too high and have caused a number of T3 time outs inside the Hubs logs as a result. I would like to arrange for this to be investigated further for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos