Menu
AidanD
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No Internet

Test show fine but actually no internet. Have tried on/off and reset with no success. Any suggestions so as to avoid an hour on hold on the phone?
0 Kudos
gthreepwood
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet

I'm no expert but might be able to suggest a few things, but it depends on your situation:

What device are you connecting from/having the issue with (tablet, phone, PC, console)?  Do you use a 3rd party router with the Virgin Box in modem mode or does the Virgin box give you the wireless/wired connections?  What tests show fine?

Can you ping a server to test your connection? (from a Windows PC hit Start, type in cmd and press enter, the command prompt should load.  Type in "ping www.google.com" without the quotes and see what comes back..

If you have a Windows PC try right clicking on the network icon in the notification area on the bottom right and select "Troubleshoot problems" and see what comes up there..

0 Kudos
AidanD
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I can't get Internet on ANY device. Using cmd prompt it just couldn't accsss Google. Everything is firmly plugged in (an earlier suggestion). The Virgin box is responsible for Internet/wifi. I've reset and turned it off and on.

The test was just the online one.

Btw the blue up/down arrow icon on the side of the box is flashing. I'm not sure it should be. The tick is constant.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi AidanD,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see you've got a technician booked to take a look at this for you. Let me know how the appointment goes and give me a shout if you need anything else.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos