Menu
meeky10
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

No Internet via Superhub WIFI using Windows 10 PC

Since upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my PC I have been having major issues connecting to the internet via my Super Hub’s Wifi Connection. (Both 2.4G & 5G)

My PC can connect to the WIFI but the internet drops out after a minute or 2 showing as a ‘Limited Connection’ on my PC.

When the internet connection drops out I am also unable to access the internet over WIFI to any other mobile device (phone/tablet).

The only way to reconnect is to reboot the Super Hub 2 but again any internet connection between my PC and the SH2 drops within minutes again together with killing any internet connections with any other device.

I have tried 2 USB WIFI Adapters on my PC and both have the same issue.

(TP-LINK TL-WDN3200 N600 & TP-LINK Archer T4U AC1200)

I have tried using the latest TP-Link & Microsoft drivers but there is no change.

Is there any setting on the Superhub to fix this problem? 

Thanks

Scott.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet via Superhub WIFI using Windows 10 PC

Hi meeky10,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're losing wireless connection so frequently since upgrading the PC to Windows 10.  I've tried testing things for you, but I'm afraid I couldn't locate any details.  I'll send you a PM (red envelope, top left) so we can get some more info to enable us to look into things.

In the meantime, is it possible to connect up anything to the hub wired?  I'm curious to see if wired connections drop out at the same time as wireless.  It might be worth performing a factory reset of the hub as well, just to make sure it's not a settings issue.  Drop me those details via PM and let me know how you get on, I'll gladly look into things further Smiley Happy

Catch you soon!

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi meeky10,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly via PM Smiley Happy

I've had a good, thorough look at the hub stats and network segment, as expected everything looks OK connection wise.  Do you notice if the wireless lights on the hub are going out when it drops?  Can you still see the hub on a list of wireless networks on the PC or other devices?  Could you let me know what the other devices run on as well, Android, iOS, Windows?

I'd still recommend a factory reset of the hub in the first instance, it's also worth taking a look through our help article on getting the best wireless signal.  If the wireless lights or going out, and this still happens following a reset, please let me know when you can.  I hope that helps.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
meeky10
Tuning in
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

The WIFI lights on the hub remain on. It seems like Windows 10 is triggering the drop out as the hub's WIFI is flawless when the PC is turned off.

When the internet connection drops I can still connect to the WIFI network but will have no access to the internet.

My Android phone and tablet connects to WIFI after the drop out but cant access the internet.

The Windows 10 PC can connect to the hub WIFI but is shows as a 'Limited connection" as there is no internet.

There only way to recover the internet WIFI is to reboot the hub.

Has anyone else experienced the same?

Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi meeky10,

Thanks for getting back to me, it does definitely sound like something that the PC is causing in that case.

I'd recommend checking for an update on your wireless card with the manufacturer, or see if you can roll that back to a previous version to see if it prevents the limited connectivity issue.  With Windows 10, all devices are automatically updated, so if the PC is struggling to maintain a wireless connection this will affect other devices on the network, as you're seeing with the lights staying on and the connection being fine when the PC is powered off.

Let us know how you get on.

Kev

0 Kudos
meeky10
Tuning in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

After trying a factory reset with no luck I have opted to revert back to Windows 7 from Win10 and hope Microsoft listens to the feedback of the many trying to access the internet via WIFI.

TP Link are also waiting for their manufacturers updating Drivers as I had no luck with the Win 8.1 Drivers.

0 Kudos
alboy90
Joining in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Yes I'm getting exactly the same issue. I also have Sky Broadband to give me options if VirginMedia is unavailable. I can confirm that the Windows 10 laptop connects with full access to the Sky wifi. The laptop also connects fine when wired to the Virgin router. This is definitely a Virgin WiFi problem!
There was Virgin Wifi connectivity to this device over the weekend so this feels like a very live and new problem.
Please look into this and contact me if you need further evidence.
0 Kudos
Mattandnikki21
Joining in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Yes I am also getting exactly the same issue and so far after many calls to the virgin helplines over the past two weeks nothing has been done to solve the issue. Now looking to move to BT.
0 Kudos
midnighttuck
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same problem here.  4 PCs and some laptops in use, on mix of Win 7 and Win 10.

Shortly after Windows 10 is on network with wireless...IF there is a Windows 7/8 device on the wireless too, then the whole thing drops out and the "super"hub must be rebooted.  If all wifi connected 7/8 devices are switched off it continues to work fine...likewise of course no issues with Win 10 off.  It occasionally also kills  the wired connection too

Thinking perhaps a bad wifi device bought a brand new ones....same issue.  Due to the Windows 10 being an upgrade then did a fully clean installation....no different.

Tested with 2 machines on 10

0 Kudos
justcallmedave
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

We are experiencing the same. 2 laptops both running Windows 10 and both having limited connectivity. This is not an individual problem, this is a community issue and needs to be dealt with as such.

3 x TiVo 500gb boxes, 1 x V+HD, TV XL, BB 60mb + phone
0 Kudos