Menu
Moynzy
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No Internet for 6 days

Right Hello, 

Last Tuesday (23rd/02/2016) after 10.00am my internet decided to stop working. Notifying my landlord he told Virgin, and was told that it would be fixed by the Thursday (25th, latest 21:00pm). This was not resolved. The Landlord tried Saturday, and said the it would be resolved in the next 24 hours. That time has passed, so I decided to find out the problem today, chasing them up I was told the internet would be fixed at an estimated time by 15:00pm today.

So I go back home, and no internet. I go back to my library and chat to an advisor, and he says "Well there is issue in the cabinet box in the street"

"It seems there is major issue so the estimated fix time has extended to 1 March 2016 and the same can be tracked"

I'm sorry but If this requires an engineer to physically go to the box and sort it out, then why didn't they dispatch one when they were notified Tuesday 23rd. Or as soon as possible, There are a couple of Virgin employees living in my area (maybe they're not engineers) but I feel that this is getting nowhere, since they keep extending the dates. 

As a student I'm really dependant on the internet, and it's not as if I can take my computer case, monitors, and peripherals to the library and do my assignments there. I'm sorry but those if I knew it would take this long, I would have packet up and head home 6 days ago where I have TalkTalk, which in my 5 years of being with them have never done this. 

I'm not bad mouthing Virgin, but I really wish they would give simple and clean answer, or perhaps fix the problem on the day. 

The chat team are great, especially the twitter team, checking on to see if I've reconnected. 

P.S has anyone ever dealt with something like this. Hardware wise, the super hub is fine, the lights flash, especially the tick light which is not good. If so how long did it take for your solution. I can connect to the wifi, but my computer says "No internet".

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet for 6 days

Hi Moynzy

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you have been experiencing loss of broadband service for this length of time.

As I know how frustrating this can be I would like to get more information on this for you. However I was unable to locate the account. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can look into this fault further.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ness96
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've been having the exact same issue! Except when we contacted virgin media they are unable to fix it on their end. I've tried resetting it numerous times and got it working for 15 minutes and that was it. Virgin have told us they will be sending an engineer out Friday morning to fix the problem. 4 whole days. When you rely on your wifi for work purposes this is a huge pain in the arse. I now have to go and find somewhere where I can use wifi which is a real inconvenience. I'm really not happy with the lack of service that virgin are offering here. I could get a SKY engineer out quicker than them to install a new modem for us. Which I'm strongly considering doing seeing as they are offering some good deals at the moment and virgin are taking the ****. I switched from sky to vi
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ness96,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you've had trouble with your connection.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and everything is looking good at the moment. Are you still experiencing issues with this?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos