Menu
lornamcg79
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No Internet connection since 7th Feb

Hi, I have had no Internet connection since 7th Feb. I have called virgin twice being put through to the usual Indian call centre, both times told it would be back on within 24 hours, one of the operators booked a tech appointment for 14th Feb, I don't feel this is good enough having no Internet for a week. I need my Internet back for the weekend as my family rely heavily on it. Can someone please get me an earlier date? I was told there was "noise" on my line, this happened last year and the engineer that came out put a new attenuator onto my modem, from my virgin info page I can see it looks like the same issue again, it's a 5 min job for an engineer. Can someone please help?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet connection since 7th Feb

Hi lornamcg79,

I am sorry that we've not been able to reach your post until now. I have just tested your connection and your Hub is now online so I'd imagine that the engineer resolved the problem.

There was an SNR (signal to noise ratio) outage too which may well have accounted for your loss of connection. But this was an area fault, affecting multiple customers, and would have required the attention of a network engineer (to the headend not to your property). It's all looking stable now though but if you do need us to check anything out, and don't mind waiting for 5-7 days for a reply, just post on here and we'll take a look for you.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos