Menu
Aleeownz
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No Internet (Registration Failure)

My modem status in my router settings says wifi is green but internet is red with registration failure, green up and down arrows just flash on the virgin hub, had no internet for 72 hours now, is there any fix? All connections are tight, tried restarting multiple times with the button, nothing seems to help. I work for a tech company so have a fair amount of knowledge, I can only think this is an issue with incoming connection.
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet (Registration Failure)

did you ring up the Registration number in the install pack

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Aleeownz
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've had it installed for nearly a year, don't have the install pack anymore unfortunately, I don't believe that to be the issue though as it was registered and been working fine for months
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

it can be power levels can effect the internet going off go and chack the power levels http://192.168.0.1/ don't login just go to Check router status and post power levels and network log

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Aleeownz,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sincere apologies for the problems you've recently had with your connection.

I've just had a check and I can see that you're back up and running now.

Thanks again for using the forum, please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
latexherb
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have just "fixed" a similar problem (at least I hope I have...). My Registration Failure occurred (I had thought coincidentally) when I connected a netgear wifi extender to my system. Everything was fine and working as it should. I then turned off my Hub 3, moved it somewhere more discrete, switched it back on and got Registration Failure. Repeated resets of all varieties didn't help. After a couple of days of hoping it would self-heal, I turned it off. The next day I turned off my wifi extender too. Today I tried turning on the hub again and all is groovy! This could be another coincidence, but I suspect that having the wifi extender on and operating as I turned on the hub caused the problem. Perhaps turning off everything that is connected to your wifi BEFORE performing a hub restart might help.
0 Kudos