Menu
Beckyboo1981
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No Broadband for 3 days!!

I've had no wireless broadband connection since Wednesday afternoon now! Had called several times on Thursday and Friday and was cut off after holding for 15-20 mins. Eventually got through to someone this morning and was told that an engineer could not come out to fix the issue until 19th Dec!!! Absolutely disgusted! Has anyone else around the Birmingham/B31 area been having the same problem.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Beckyboo1981
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Broadband for 3 days!!

It's wired not wireless, I'm not very good with these technical things!
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you say you have had no wireless connection - have you got a wired connection - if so then the fault is at your end with the wifi and unless the hub is faulty its nothing to do with VM - so confirm if a wired connection works or not

if its only wifi then people will help with that

Tony
0 Kudos
Beckyboo1981
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's wired not wireless, I'm not very good with these technical things!
0 Kudos
Beckyboo1981
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just to confirm, my broadband is wired. The lights on the router are constantly flashing on and off, including the tick light.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ok - thats different and an external fault from your description - staff here take a week or so to get to threads - phone or chat is best option - see if they can bring forward the tech date

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beckyboo1981, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with no broadband for 3 days, I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have tested things from here and I can see that you're only locking onto one upstream channel, this will explain the performance issues.

I would need to arrange for an engineer to attend and investigate this further for you. I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos