Menu
ImperialEagle
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No AirPrint and Loss of Wireless connection trying to print to HP Printer with Superhub 3

I realise this problem has been raised by many others, particularly at 

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/AirPrint-not-working-on-Superhub-3-based...

But VirginMedia (via Twitter) have advised me to create my own post. But the above thread explains it all and I am getting the same problem.

Since installation of SuperHub 3, connectivity to my HP Photosmart 6510 has been painful and iPhone / iPads cannot find the printer via AirPrint "No AirPrint Printers Found".

Please note everything was fine on the SuperHub 2

I have tried all suggestions as discussed in above thread.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: No AirPrint and Loss of Wireless connection trying to print to HP Printer with Superhub 3

Hey ImperialEagle,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your printer since installing a Hub 3. I know you said you've tried most things in aim to resolve this, but one thing I though of was manually updating the printer software. You'll probably find an update if you go directly to the manufacturers website, this might help, especially if there's an incompatibility issue.

Could you let us know if this helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ImperialEagle
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: No AirPrint and Loss of Wireless connection trying to print to HP Printer with Superhub 3

Yes indeed. I have updated my HP printer Software and quite regularly. But you will see from my link to other posts, who have identified this to be a sole problem with the Virgin Media Super Hub 3.
This is a known problem to Virgin Media, but they fail to provide when it will be fixed.
0 Kudos
ImperialEagle
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virginmedia.. any news when you will fix this ?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey ImperialEagle,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that updating your software hasn't helped. I wondered if you're tried renaming your wireless networks so you're able to tell the 2G and 5G apart? This way you can be sure what network your printer and devices are connected too. Are all other devices in your home working completely fine?

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ImperialEagle
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Heather,
I understand this is NOT a new problem.
It has been identified as a HUB 3 problem.
See all tickets raised on this. http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/AirPrint-not-working-on-Superhub-3-based...
Can you please escalate and let me know when the fix is coming ?
Steve
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Steve

I am sorry you are having problems with the printer I wonder what is causing it, perhaps it is a hub3 firewall issue.

It may be worth checking with HP for any ports to forward Setting Up Port Forwarding and Port Triggering on your Virgin Media Hub (please remember to forward sequentially)

If that does not help perhaps for diagnostic reasons try turning the IPv4 hub firewall off Configure Advanced Settings on your Virgin Media Hub

I have also read on an HP site about trying the printer with a static IP so that may be worth a try.

Also found this HP article about some called Scan Doctor (toward the end) and wonder if that cuts the mustard.

All interesting stuff , please let us know how it goes.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
ImperialEagle
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola,

I have now posted on the HP site. This however happens too with Brother printers.

Static IP does work for Laptop and Workstation, but not for AirPrint using an iPhone and iPad.

I have to keep restating that this issue does seem to have been thoroughly discussed and that VirginMedia are aware if not yet acknowledged that it was a problem, but fail to give a time for when it will be fixed.

Please read this whole thread.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/AirPrint-not-working-on-Superhub-3-based-sys...

0 Kudos
MailUser
Dialled in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

That thread seems to have maxed out and doesn't want to take any more posts.

I came across this which might be of interest...

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/03/virgin-media-prep-firmware-fix-superhub-3-latency-packe...

0 Kudos
MailUser
Dialled in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola,

Please at least look at all the other threads on this issue.... it's over a year old and VM personnel do not seem to be talking to one another.

look here also

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/03/virgin-media-prep-firmware-fix-superhub-3-latency-packe...

Don't know if this is related to the AirPrint problem but suspect perhaps not.. just another issue that is taking far too long to widely acknowledge and seemingly address by VM
0 Kudos