Menu
r6rym
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New to Super Hub 3.0

Just moved from BT to Virgin at a new house and the will to live is fast evaporating. 

I need more cables, that is point one as my study is no where near the TV, but you only get one cable and splitter for 2 devices (hub and Tivo) but I will take that up with them directly.

But the most infuriating thing is the Hub itself as it really is not that user friendly for those that are not hugely tech savvy. I am ok but this requires a much deeper knowledge. 

The hub itself software is limited and I cannot control access to individual devices in the DCHP area, it is a one rule for all on the time control. not Ideal when you have 10 -15 year olds. Is there a fix for this without having to buy more hardware?

Thanks

RM

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: New to Super Hub 3.0

Most ISP provided routers of the spec the Hub3 is at are also extremely limited, may I suggest you use your own router? They do really unleash the power being on a cable network has in regards to bandwidth, decent routers these days are relatively cheap and so customisable put the hub in modem mode and your laughing.

Dave
0 Kudos