Menu
stutay
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New router I didn't ask for - new 12 months contract?!?!

Hi

VM text me to say equipment they sent me had not been used and I should send it back, as indicated in the instructions. I text them back and said I have no clue what you are on about, you've sent me nothing.

I then get another text 30 mins later from them saying that my router is old, out-of-date kit and I must go to this web-link to arrange for a suitable delivery slot for a replacement one, as the current one could stop working at any time. I went to the website but it failed to recognise me, even after I'd logged into MyVirginMedia. So, I called them and got India. After explaining it all the guy said "so you want to upgrade you package" ... no I said and explained everything again ... "so you want to upgrade your router ... we can't do that I'm afraid, you only get a new hub if you are on vivid 200". No I said, YOU text me saying I had to. "Well, we can but we'll have to charge you". I said, look, I don't give a monkeys whether I replace the router or not, but you lot said I had to! Eventually he puts me through to someone in the UK who instantly seems to know all the relevant information that the previous guy was clearly missing and said "oh yeah, you must have a new hub, lets arrange a date/time, so I do - it's coming later, fingers crossed! She couldn't explain why the guy before knew nothing, why the website failed to recognise or why it wasn't all arranged via automated text messaging system, as should have been the case.

Then yesterday I get an email out of the blue with zero explanation of why I've got it, but basically saying "It's time to sign your revised Virgin Media contract.

Before you go searching for a pen, you’ll be pleased to hear you can just e-sign online.

It's easy... "

Looking very closely a the little icons on the document they appear to be asking me to sign a new 12 month contract for broadband, which of course I won't be doing. I can only assume this is because you are sending me a router I could do without. If VM insist I must have this new router then fine, but I'm damned if I'm going to sign a new 12 month broadband contract for the privilege!

What planet are they on?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New router I didn't ask for - new 12 months contract?!?!

Hi stutay

Thanks for letting us know about the issues with the new router and contract.

The new equipment replacement scheme does not re-contract you and you should not have been sent the email contract as a result of arranging this with us.

I appreciate you've already spent time trying to resolve this and I'd like help get this rectified for you.

I’m sending a pm to you for me to check in with you and confirm the details I need to support you further with this.

If you could pop back to me on this that would be fab Smiley Very Happy

Speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do keep us posted on your saga. Parts of VM do seem to act like scoundrels sometimes.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi sutay

Thanks for getting back to me on the pm and for letting me know this has already been sorted for you by the teams Smiley Happy

That's great and I'm glad to hear this is resolved.

Keep us posted if you need anything else. I know you're an active forum member and it's great to see you making continued use of the community for support Smiley Happy

Cheers.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

stutay
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well I had to ring up to change my package as the price had jumped again & was teetering on £60 a month once more, so I've chopped down the TV & broadband even further. As a result I'm on a new 12th months contract for the lot & so assume whatever that other email/contract was about, it's irrelevant now. But thank you, I did at least get a pm & offer of help from Karen via the forums
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Anytime stutay Smiley Happy

You're absolutely right, the old email contract is now irrelevant.

Just keep in touch and let us know if you need anything else and enjoy the new services!

Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos