Menu
Rikbikboo
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New installation no internet

So having and my installation engineer arrive last Thursday I was all excited. Don't know why as my modem has done nothing but flash green it's now been almost a week since installation and nothing. No service no nothing. Not impressed at all.
0 Kudos
Paulymoss
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New installation no internet

Superhub 3? If so sounds like the problem that we had when our old, earlier version hub died and had to be replaced, we had a green flashing light while it tried to connect for 24 hours. Overnight it did manage to get connected but only at 3Mbps. I spoke to 5 different support techs to get it sorted, 4 on day one and one on day 2 - number 5 solved it in minutes. The big difference seemed to be he knew exactly the problem.

I can't remember the exact details but it was to do with how the hub was connecting itself to their network. It was defaulting to what I think he described as sys01 but needed to connect to sys03. He went in and changed the connection over and it resolved the problem immediately.

Welsh chap called Stephen, might be hard to track him down I'm afraid, but he restored my faith in tech support

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New installation no internet

Hi Rikbikboo,

Thanks for letting us know that you've got no internet after having everything installed. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tried to test your connection from here, however I was unable to locate any of your details via your forum account. In order to proceed with diagnostics I will need some information from you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos