Menu
EL9916
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New events in network log

Hi all, not sure if I'm positing in the right places but I wanted to ask about two new events which appeared in my network log after my internet went off twice within a few minutes.

I've circled in red the events I am referring too and if anyone could explain what they are to me, I attempted a google search but no results came up explaining it.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New events in network log

I've had to reject you image as it contained your WAN IP address and that is a breach of the forum rules.  That rule is in place to protect your privacy, so if you post logs in future you should obscure your WAN IP.

The messages you highlighted indicate that the hub downloaded a firmware update.  Do you have a Superhub 2AC?  If so then this update is explained here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Superhub-2ac-Firmware/td-p/3321617

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I've had to reject you image as it contained your WAN IP address and that is a breach of the forum rules.  That rule is in place to protect your privacy, so if you post logs in future you should obscure your WAN IP.

The messages you highlighted indicate that the hub downloaded a firmware update.  Do you have a Superhub 2AC?  If so then this update is explained here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Superhub-2ac-Firmware/td-p/3321617

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

EL9916
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Yes my router is a superhub 2AC

I apologize, I wasn't aware that was my IP ( still learning about how all this works, i'll have to ask my son for help ) and thank you for the information, I'll let my son know it was an update and nothing wrong with the router itself. 

0 Kudos