Menu
Zhenlore
Settling in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Unprotected WiFi Just Appeared from my Hub.

Hi all,

I recently just got Virgin Media VIVID 100 and it's been going fine until yesterday I noticed a slow connection, and even drops altogether. I managed to reset my router and fingers crossed everything is fine but I've noticed something come up whenever I search for WiFi on my devices.

Before I reset my router my network was named Zhenlore_Presents, and after resetting it's back to its original name of VM7308229, but I've noticed a new unprotected network named Zhenlore.b appear and I'm confused and concerned as that what it is. Below I have a screenshot of my phone so you can see what I mean. Hopefully, I can get this sorted out in my routers settings page?

Screenshot_20161106-162225.png

Thank you, Jack.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Unprotected WiFi Just Appeared from my Hub.

Do you have something like a chrome cast device or roku or something similar? I am aware they broadcast over wifi for interaction however you can't actually connect to the internet through them.

All Replies
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Do you have something like a chrome cast device or roku or something similar? I am aware they broadcast over wifi for interaction however you can't actually connect to the internet through them.
Zhenlore
Settling in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I do have a Chromecast, and currently, it's still trying to connect to the 'Zhenlore_Presents' network so let me just change that and I'll get back to you!

0 Kudos
Zhenlore
Settling in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I just checked and yep, you were completely right! My Chromecast had set up a temporary network for me to connect to and set it back up again. Thank you so much for your help that's all I needed! Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yeh its the chrome cast then, it chooses a name similar to that of the original network it first connected to hence why its using your old network name