Menu
spud1962
Dialled in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

New Superhub 3 - ethernet shows " Unidentified Network - no internet access"

I've just taken delivery of a new Superhub 3 to replace a SH2 that went "pop".

The SH3 (left in the default router mode) works fine with wireless connections but none of my ethernet (wired) devices will connect. 

I just get " Unidentified Network - no internet access"

Ive tried running Win 7 troubleshooting software, reinstalled the LAN network card and updated the drivers

The (port) light flashes green and so does the corresponding ethernet adapter. I can't understand that simply "swapping" the modem would have sooo many issues.

The SH3 GUI shows that "0" ethernet devices are connected

Any help with this would be appreciated, please

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Superhub 3 - ethernet shows " Unidentified Network - no internet access"

Have you tried a pin hole reset ? If you are not getting any lights on the Hub Ethernet ports, it may well be a dead switch.

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Superhub 3 - ethernet shows " Unidentified Network - no internet access"

When I had this happen, on my Windows 10 PC (for example) I did an IPCONFIG /RELEASE followed by an IPCONFIG /RENEW which did the trick.

Keep us posted.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
spud1962
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Adduxi wrote:

Have you tried a pin hole reset ? If you are not getting any lights on the Hub Ethernet ports, it may well be a dead switch.

Thanks, but i am getting flickering lights on the port

0 Kudos
spud1962
Dialled in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Pin hole reset attempted - no joy! :-(
0 Kudos
spud1962
Dialled in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sephiroth wrote:
When I had this happen, on my Windows 10 PC (for example) I did an IPCONFIG /RELEASE followed by an IPCONFIG /RENEW which did the trick.

Keep us posted.

Thanks - tried this - no joy :-(

0 Kudos
spud1962
Dialled in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Also tried to connect via ethernet to another computer - no joy - same result

Ive tested the cable with a cable tester (end to end), just in case i may have "pulled" a cable- results are ok!

i'm stumped - I remember when had the SH2 in was simply "plug & play" ?

0 Kudos
spud1962
Dialled in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
spud1962
Dialled in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've just been on the phone to VM in Sheffield who have agreed to send out a replacement SH3... I will post back with an update once this has been installed.

Fingers crossed!

0 Kudos
spud1962
Dialled in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well, folks..

I received my replacement modem.

Then, after a 26 hour delay because VM's automated modem set-up/registration system was downSmiley Mad, I was able to set up my modem.

ALL ethernet devices are NOW FULLY OPERATIONAL !! Smiley Very Happy

Yep!- it was a FAULTY MODEM to begin with - 2 days of head scratching WASTED !!!

Thank you to all those community members who offered suggestions Heart

I just hope this post helps someone in the future!

0 Kudos