Menu
davsco1973
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New Super Hub 3

i have just setup my new super hub have given it about 30 mins or so just to do what ever its got to do and i have noticed the speeds are nowhere near what i should be getting.

i should be getting 150 down and 10 up but getting more like 30 down and about 6 or 7 up, there are no issues in my area and i have even restarted the hub just in case it was that, any ideas, i thought this was going to solve all my problems

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Super Hub 3

you can be in effected area over utilzation issue at peek times you will get less speed then it goes up after midnight thats 4pm to midnight and weekends off peek is after midnight to 3.59pm weekdays

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

this is a fault can't be seen via my virgin media too

0 Kudos
davsco1973
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

yeah not very good, this is the first time i have crap speeds to be honest, the problem i kept have which is why i have a new hub is 5G kept on dropping every day, hopefully that will be solved but know i got crap speeds

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

if 5g wireless network keeps on droping it can be a faulty hub 3 or it can be the drivers installed on the device

0 Kudos
davsco1973
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

no the 5G was dropping out on my old hub2ac which is why i had a new hub 3, just a speed issue now at the moment, its never been this bad

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

First of all I would do some speed tests with a device equipped with a Gigabit ethernet adapter connected directly to the hub with a CAT 5E or better Ethernet cable.

I would test the speed in the morning and again during evening peak times.

If you get headline speeds during the day and poor speeds during the evening peak, then it does look like you have a contention issue. A bit more scientific than listening to wild guesses.

If the wired speed is poor all the time, then it looks like a technical problem. If this is the case, then posting the Hub's power levels and network logs would help.

If you get headline wired speeds all the time, then it looks like you have a wireless problem, which is a completely different kettle of fish. There are more reasons the 5Ghz band will drop out than a faulty hub. like interference for starters.

0 Kudos