Menu
Debbied30
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New HP laptop will not connect to new Superhub

Bought a new HP laptop for my son for Xmas, he was very excited to use it. However every other gadget we have connects automatically to VM wifi this just won't have it, it's there, but just keeps saying unable to connect. Pressed the WPS button then it seems to work sometimes, but come on you shouldn't have to do it everytime? I was talked into buying this super hub despite my package costing £90 a month a it's a load of crap. I lose wifi in my bedroom everyday & in other parts of the house. It hangs, or just cuts out & then you realise you've gone onto 4G which costs. Am very disappointed & we are looking to go over to sky, which is a shame been with VM for years.
0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New HP laptop will not connect to new Superhub

Does your son's laptop have a 5G wifi card in it? There have been some strange incompatibilities with 5G including Chromecasts and Nintendo DS. It's possible that it could be related to that. If you're thinking of switching to Sky then unless you're going for the Q hub you'll be just as disappointed, their standard fibre routers have awful range and was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
Debbied30
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Not sure will have to check. One thing though it doesn't come up with the 5G wifi option only the 2G. After I posted, I did a complete shut-down of the router etc, logged into laptop & now seems to be able to find the wifi signal, for how long I don't know. Yes I understand that unless you go over to Q box it isn't worth it, but my bro-in-law has just got the complete package including Q for £63 a month, a lot less than the £90 I'm paying for at the moment. I mean there is a new box to replace Tivo, have they offered it to long suffering customers of the current piece of rubbish I have no. They sold me this superhub, then 2 weeks later bought out a better one & wanted me to pay again! Soz just not happy with VM at the moment at all Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The £63 is an introductory offer I assume. I'm paying roughly that with Virgin at the moment but it's going up in a few months to normal price. I've given up with the Superhub and bought my own router.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos