Menu
ten-tenths
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Network issues since V6 install

morning all

Not sure if this is the right place but here goes. Had a V6 install on 14th Jan and apart from the black screen bug, which will hopefully be resolved with a software update soon (?), all seems ok with it. Main problem now is VM network outages. I think we are on the fifth since the install. Latest was last night, everything went down at about 10:30 and the service status page says it wont be back until 4pm this afternoon. Previous to this it went down was last Friday, so I called in, VM rep was very apologetic and promised a refund....which of course didn't happen.

wouldn't mind so much if we weren't paying VM a big chunk of money every month..!!  Not good enough.

Jon

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network issues since V6 install

It would help if the title of your post wasn't misleading, I take it you don't think the network outrages in your area are caused by the installation of your V6 box, also the post would be better off in the networking and wireless section and I will move it to that area.

0 Kudos
ten-tenths
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I don't think the network outages have anything to do with the V6 install, but I had to put it somewhere and as it affects the TV service why not in the TV section !!!!!?? Bottom line is VM are currently providing a service that is way under par.

0 Kudos
ten-tenths
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The original post did also flag up the black screen bug with the V6 which is definitely a TV issue.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ten-tenths wrote:

The original post did also flag up the black screen bug with the V6 which is definitely a TV issue.

But a known one so it doesn't need to be flagged, admittedly it effects the V6 but it's primarily a network issue

0 Kudos