Menu
kentylad
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nest Cam Not Connecting

I have a Nest Cam and Nest Thermostat that I'm trying to connect to a SuperHub 2. It used to work, then I had to reset the SH2 and it no longer works. I'm at my wits end as I've tried to configure everything that's been suggested this far. Off the top of my head:

1. Changed the security modes for 2.4GHz & 5GHz to WPA2.

2. Changed the channel to something that doesn't conflict (6+2 & 36+40 for 2.4GHz & 5GHz respectively.

3. Added the Nest Cam MAC address to the DHCP reserve list.

4. Changed the MTU size from 1500 to 1350.

5. Forwarded ports 80, 443, 9543, 11095, 1025, 9443

Seriously, what else can I do?!?!

0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nest Cam Not Connecting

If it worked before the reboot, I don't think you should have needed any of these changes. Did you try repezting the Nest install procedures for the devices?
0 Kudos
kentylad
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it wasn't just a reboot it was a factory reset. Something that was advised by Virgin as I'd been having intermittent troubles.
0 Kudos
Kenmackspuds
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have just purchased 2 outdoor nest cams and have same drop off issues.They drop off randomly and only a reboot gets them back on until they go off again.I spent nearly 2 hours yesterday talking with virgin broadband tech folk , five calls in total each with different names : at first they supposedly assigned separate frequencies to the device , this worked for 30mins. Then on call back they said they would open ports but i had to subscribe to gadget rescue team service which would cost me 20 quid plus 5 quid per month for 6 months.Well i thought if they can fix this then maybe its worth it, the caller said she would call me back in an hour.Then i got another person online using chat saying he had taken over and began asking for all details which i had already given so many times before.Anyway i gave them again and he asked me to reboot my router ! OMG i can do that myself at no cost and it will be a temp fix.Anyway to basically summarise he did nothing and its still not fixed and i will not be paying for gadget rescue ! My cams are both still dropping off and i have no idea how to fix ? And seems neither does Virgin !
0 Kudos
kentylad
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The truth of the matter is that the Virgin router is not fit-for-purpose. I had to resort to switching my Virgin router to 'modem' mode and purchase a new, dedicated router. I chose the Netgear R700 and have had no issues since.
0 Kudos
Dlegg32
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My nest cam suddenly stopped working today and I’ve tried everything and the error code is the WiFi signal is no good I have just the super hub 3 put in cam was working fine for a couple of weeks and today just says offline. I am being told to move my router closer to my camera which Virgin will charge me £100 but if it’s a Virgin router problem Why it’s not connecting surely Virgin should cover the cost as the super router isn’t man enough!
0 Kudos