Menu
Gillrob
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Need to turn off WiFi on a night lad stopping up all night

Hi my lad has a computor but stops us all night on Internet so much so he is going to be thrown out of collage joinery course. He goes to bed around 6 am and has to be up at 8 am if also uses bus to collage. Ives tried for over 8 hours to wake him, only to recently find out if not going to bed even? How can I turn Internet off desperate need some advice. Tired of telling him just argues and we have my terminally ill elderly mum living at our house so can do without hassle. Hope you can genuinely help thanks in advance. Gill
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to turn off WiFi on a night lad stopping up all night

Morning Gillrob,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I appreciate your query in regards to turning off the internet for one device and apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

You can take a look at this link > Setting up MAC filtering on your Virgin Media Hub, which is a guide on how to set up MAC filtering. This can be used to prevent specific devices gaining access to your network.

The other option you can try is turning off the wireless function within the router settings when it is not in use. To do this take a look at this link > Turn off the wireless connection on your Virgin Media Hub.

If you need me to check anything else or you have any further questions, by all means let us know.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos