Menu
toxicpanda
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Need Advice

Hi,

So to start off ill list the number of things i've done and tried to sort this issue. i am currently getting VIVID Gaming 200 Optical Fibre since around December 2016. The issue i'm currently facing and need to rule out the hub. This has been an issue since the fibre was connected as the house didn't have fibre before i moved in.

My WiFi seems completely fine but is spotty in places in the house which i expect. but the major issue i face is the Ethernet, i'm running 2 TP-link PA7020P kits so that is 4 plugs in total which is what i need for the upstairs bedrooms for various devices.

Here comes the strange part i keep having to turn off and the one plug which is connected directly to my Virgin Hub 3.0 due to losing internet on the rest of the Ethernet plugs. So the first thing i did was check the software for TP-Link which claims it's fine and should be running as i see speeds going for it to other plugs.

So as you can see it claims it is indeed getting a connection and sending to others on the same network. I've tried changing sockets (which was a massive pain) and the same results. I've done the diagnostic on the hub and that's saying everything is fine. So i'm going to get a new Ethernet cable and try that but is this doesn't work i'm lost for ideas.

Ideally if it is the plugs i can contact them for support again which i've done 3 times now, which might end up trying a replacement which i'm trying to avoid. but tomorrow i'll be trying a new Ethernet wire to see if this sorts the issue. so any help i'd gladly take it!

Thanks in advance Mike.

Pic1.JPGDirect Hub Connection to other rooms.Direct Hub Connection to other rooms.pic3.JPGPic4.JPG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need Advice

Hi toxicpanda,

I'll do my best to help with this.

I hope you don't mind but I like to start by stripping the connection back and adding to it gradually - I find this method useful in diagnosing difficult issues.

So, would you please disconnect all of your power line adaptors > connect just one pc or laptop directly to the Hub via Ethernet.

Monitor the connection for the amount of time that you'd normally expect to see a drop in connection. If everything is stable add one adaptor (or one pair of...) and monitor again. Repeat this until you, hopefully, locate the culprit.
If the disconnections occur without any power lines attached then we can at least eliminate them from our investigation.

I'd also like to test your connection from here but am not currently able to locate your Hub. I suspect you may have had it changed? Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll run my diagnostics.

Welcome to our Community by the way Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

toxicpanda
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I ended up speaking to tech support the other day and it ended up them sending an engineer as they "couldn't see my hub connected" when I was using the Internet to talk to them.

They ended up thinking it was the hub as it seems to be running fine now and the ethernet has improved.

The only issue I've ran into now is the top wifi light keeps flashing on and of green. No idea why. Just seems like a quirk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi toxicpanda,

Well I'm glad it's all working for you now. If anything else does awry please post an update and we'll be along to help.

All the best Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos