Menu
Confused2
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

NTL Infrastructure Waltham Park

Without me doing anything my Internet access box is showing as "NTL Infrastructure Waltham Park Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless GB" and not the normal virgin media.  Should I be concerned or has something been announced that I've missed ?  Thanks in anticipation of replies.

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: NTL Infrastructure Waltham Park

Any chance you could provide more detail, please?

1. Which model "Internet access box" do you have (on the device label)?

2. Where does this text appear? Are you logged into the "Internet access box" and the message is in one of the screens?

3. Or on a PC are you in any utility or searching for an SSID? In the latter case, please post a screenshot.

As it stands, unless anyone else has had the same issue, it is very difficult to diagnose.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

acearts
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am also connected to the NTL Infrastructure. This happened to me after upgrading to windows 10. It says in the box and on speedtest.net that the wifi is called "NTL Infrastructure - Waltham Park".

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Confused2 & acearts,

Welcome to our Forum, glad to see you've already had some help from Sephiroth (our wireless expert amongst other things) Smiley Happy
His questions are pertinent so if you could both answer them that that would be really helpful in aiding me to diagnose what's happening. Also your Hubs appear to be offline at the moment - would you please leave them powered on for today & tomorrow so that I can run a few tests from my side?

Looking forward to your update Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Confused2
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen

Sorry I found answers to my query on another post that Sephiroth helped on and I have also had on line chats with VM support.  I have been assured by them that there is nothing to be concerned about and that my broadband is working fine.

Not sure about your comment that my Hub is offline.  It has been on line all day today as far as I am aware.

Thanks 

0 Kudos