Menu
mikefarnham
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

NO INTERNET CONNECTION VIA DDWRT ROUTER ANYONE KNOW WHY?

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year.

I have two ddwrt routers configured EXACTLY THE SAME.

One works fine through my Skyhub 2 and I use it for express VPN.

The other is connected via its wan port to my friend's Superhub 3. I cannot even access the internet on it whether in normal or modem mode.  Until now, I have been looking at VPN issues but, thinking about it, I need to sort the internet connectivity first.

I am guessing that EITHER I need to change a value on the ddwrt router to take account of the fact that the superhub is a cable modem NOT ADSL OR that my Sky router has some ports open that the superhub does not.  My SKY services table is below and is configured to enable access away from home to my home server.  I have now been failing at this for nearly two months so any suggestons/comments would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Mike.

1remotewebTCP443...443
2remotesTCP80...80
3RDPTCP4125...4125
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: NO INTERNET CONNECTION VIA DDWRT ROUTER ANYONE KNOW WHY?

How is your friends Hub 3 connected?

Is it through his own VM account on his VM internet connection?

0 Kudos
mikefarnham
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes!
Thanks for your fast response.
Mike.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you have the Hub 3 in modem mode and you are connecting to the WAN port of the router, then you would need to configure the WAN side of the router to obtain it's Public IP address automatically, or set it to DHCP mode, whatever the options are on the WAN side set up. You will need to do a power recycle on the Hub and router once the Router has been set up to use the cable WAN.

It would be handy if you provide information on wow you intend to use the router, as a replacement for the Hub 3's routing (poor) abilities or as an additional wireless access point

0 Kudos
mikefarnham
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Griffin.

The dhcp server option is enabled on the ddwrt router with the superhub in modem modeand we tried recycling the power.

Perhaps we did not do it correctly?  I believe the procedure is to do the superhub first or is it a case of turn both off and start the superhub first?  Perhaps I should turn dhcp off and turn it back on??

When we have sorted this and got connected to the internet the aim is to use the ddwrt router for wireless and lan cabled connections and also to connect to express VPN which was the point of doing all this in the first place.  All posts point to using modem mode but we just cannot get an internet connection this way. 

Your help so far is much appreciated.  Big thanks.

Mike.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Turn both the hub and router off.

Power on the hub with the router connected to the port closest to the coax cable on the hub (think all ports will work on hub 3 but not sure)  and WAN port of router.

Wait a few minutes until Hub 3 has obtained an Internet connection and power on the router, with no devices connected to it.

Connect device to router and you should be good to go. If not disabling and reenabling the DHCP mode maybe worth a try as you say.

0 Kudos
mikefarnham
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks a lot.  Will try and report.

Mike.

0 Kudos