Menu
clairep1983
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

NEW build team

Hi, 

I moved in to my new property on Friday. 

I have been trying to get you guys in to set me up with 3 month trial and if that goes well continue with your services. 

I spoke with Maaria earlier who had advised that my home is ready for this and that i would get a call back by 3pm to arrange a date for setup. This hasnt happened yet. 

I am desperate to get set up as work from home and this is also holding up my CCTV installation as well. 

When will you come back to me? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: NEW build team

Hi clairep1983

Many thanks for joining us and for getting in touch about the possibility of having services at the new home with us.

I cannot say I have heard we offer 3 month trials to any customers? Normally customers are installed and have a 14 day RTC (right to cancel) if they are unhappy with their services, after which time they are tied to their 12 or 18 month contract, whichever option they have signed up for. There may be a new option via Sales I am unaware of at present tso my apologies if this is the case.

If you have not yet been contacted by our Sales teams then if you could give them a shout on 0800 183 1234, they'll be happy to discuss this with you further.

Additionally on the back of you mentioning you work from home, just to reiterate this is a residential service agreement and as such, business costs are not covered for delays or service losses. If you are looking for a contract to cover your business costs and other remits this entails, then please get in touch with our Virgin Media Business teams via their UK sales team  on 0808 301 3762.

They are open from Monday to Friday 8am - 5:30pm.

Keep us posted if we can help out in any other way.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
clairep1983
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I managed to sort it and have a 3 month free trial. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
rish3005
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Claire - did you ring the number above? I'm moving into a new build and was told the same by a neighbour - but i don't have any contact numbers at Virgin media. Thanks.

clairep1983 wrote:

Hi, I managed to sort it and have a 3 month free trial. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi rish3005

Thanks for getting in touch about the new build offer Smiley Happy

If this is one where a 3 month free trial is being offered then we are now advising customers to contact our National Home Builders teams to discuss this further. I know they support customers with the Barratt home deals etc, so they should be able to help you.

You can contact the NHB Team on 0800 073 7100

Their operating hours are Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
VMAreCrap
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ha! Good luck with your free trial.. Mine is due to end, was great at first (200mbps), now all we get is 30mbps. We've had two engineers out and have been left with 'It's a utilisation problem'.

Now we want to cancel our free trial, and that useless New Homes Team NEVER answer the phone. I have been trying to cancel now for 3 days. I am now contacting trading standard... Virgin Media are utter cowboys.

VMAreCrap
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Oh, did I mention that the main Virgin Media call centre apparently cannot cancel my trial. Apparently that would be far too complicated.

It's a shame everyone at Virgin Media appears to be paid from the neck down only. I cannot wait to leave Virgin Media, it will be like have a skin growth removed!!

0 Kudos