Menu
6of8
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

NETGEAR WNDA3200 Wireless 11N Dual-band USB Adapter

I have speed issues only on one PC. It has got worse in the past few months ( I have windows 10) 
I have turned off everything that I am recommended to turn off , including Steam and the Windows update delivery 

I thought that the upgrade to Hub 3.0 would improve it but it has made no difference . I connected the PC through an Ethernet and it was giving me about 180 Mbs as opposed to the variations od 0.5 Mbs to 25 Mbs that I randomly get 

Anyway The question is 
Is the NETGEAR WNDA3200 Wireless 11N Dual-band USB Adapter useable on the Hub 3.0 / Windows 10?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: NETGEAR WNDA3200 Wireless 11N Dual-band USB Adapter

wireless is never going to be as good as a wired connection for many reason outside VM and your control. if you have the option of wired conenction or even a powerline connection that is always going to be better.

Wireless is good for laptops mobiles and slower speeds for convenience but not for quality
0 Kudos
6of8
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks apcyberax

I would have thought that I would be getting better than 0.5 Mbs though. My partner has a laptop that gets 160 Mbs through her adaptor though 

So it looks like I am going to have to get a 10m cable to run halfway through the house . Does not seem right to me 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

you could try a better 802.11AC adapter if you have a AC router. i'd always avoid wireless i use something like this.
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/networking/powerline/netgear-pl1000-powerline-ad...

0 Kudos
6of8
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

May have to be that or the 10m cable (which will at least guarantee a decent speed
Thanks again 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Did you try the Netgear adapter? It is a MIMO dual band adapter which should get fairly decent speeds on the 5Ghz band, but might not get to the lofty heights your wfe is experiencing. (I take it she has an AC adapter). You will probably need to update the drivers to Win 10 latest. However, these adapters are not best known for durability with quite a few people reporting them failing.

Allthough a wired connection would provide the most robust solution, a wireless AC adapter should give good speeds close to the router (about 8 - 9m with a clear line of sight)

0 Kudos
6of8
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The Wife has a built in broadband.
The only updated driver I have found is here http://www.driverscape.com/download/netgear-wnda3200-wireless-11n-dual-band-usb-adapter Not sure if it is ok to download from

0 Kudos
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's horses for courses, I get full 220 on my iPad and iPhone with either of my AirPort Extremes.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos