Menu
misfit24v
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

NAS player connection

Hi all, hope this is in the right place!

I recently bought a Marantz NA6006 network player and I am having real problems connecting to my pc through wired or wireless connection and was wondering if anyone could help me sort this out.

When i start the unit it connects to the pc and i can play a song for a little while but then the display just shows "media server loading" and the player will not access any files on the pc.

As said I have tried wired and wireless connection and a new set of cat7 cables but this problem still persists, any help would be very much appreciated

Ian

My Broadband Ping - VM
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: NAS player connection

Have you tried setting static IP's for both the windows PC and the media player?

misfit24v
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I did try and set up a static address but as I wasn't totally sure of what settings to use where, I reverted to factory settings

My Broadband Ping - VM
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Which HUB do you have?

0 Kudos
misfit24v
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to reply

I have the superhub 2

My Broadband Ping - VM
0 Kudos
misfit24v
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Still having problems with this, if anyone can help Smiley Happy

My Broadband Ping - VM
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi misfit24v,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy I'm sorry to hear the connection for your NAS player doesn't seem to be working correctly. I'm not an expert on these things but I'll certainly do my best to help get to the bottom of the issue.

Out of interest, when you see the "Media Server Loading" message, are both the PC and NAS device showing a connection through the hub? If there's a loss of connection are you noticing any other devices struggling to connect at the same time? Do you manage the connection between the NAS device and PC through specific software or do you just have it set up as an additional drive? It might be worth checking for latest drivers etc if it's software.

Let me know as much as you can, I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of things with a bit of help from @Kippies and others as well Smiley Happy

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Have you got as far as setting up static Ip's for the PC and the Player?

To use sharing over the network with HUB2 you are likely to need to do some port forwarding- but we cant do that without static IP's and even setting those MAY sort the issue out.

0 Kudos
misfit24v
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to both again for Your time Smiley Happy

Here is what I have done so far, after trawling through countless sites on the web, 

The Marantz player has DHCP turned on and on the SH2 i have set a DHCP reservation for the NAS and also 1 for the PC.

I have also put the NAS ip in the DMZ. I have plex set up as media server with the Music folder on the C drive as the main music folder and things have been ok (touch wood) for the past 2/3 days, however if there is anything I have done wrong or there is anything else that You think may help please feel free to let me know

I have also gone into services manager and set the following list all to Automatic as most were disabled,

1. DNS Client
  2. Function Discovery Resource Publication
  3. SSDP Discovery
  4. UPnP Device Host
My Broadband Ping - VM
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

WIth a WinPC in the mix its pretty much suck it and see.

Looking at your config it looks fine. If it goes pear shaped I would be looking at switching off DHCP on the Marantz and allocating a static IP- but if it can see the NAS at the minute, cushty.