Menu
ExoticHaha
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My internet has a drop on 1 ping

https://gyazo.com/168dc0a340ffa1bab060f6e77e0aaef3

Hello,

As you can see from the link my ping is around 30-70 until 1 ping where it goes to 900-1500. Why does it do this? I also tried a ping test on another laptop on the same wifi but the ping on the second laptop was completely fine with no interruptions. Why is it just my laptop? I have the hub 3.0.

Thank you

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: My internet has a drop on 1 ping

could be some software on the laptop stealing the network for a short while or something.

does it do it on a wired connection?

0 Kudos
SirThomas
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I get the exact same issue with my new Hub v3 - I'm awaiting an update from one of the forum guys on here. Playing havoc with my VPN and RDP connections.

Even pinging the Hub itself will produce similar results. Related to the Puma 6 issue, no doubt...
0 Kudos
ExoticHaha
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the late reply I tried an ethernet connection and it didn't drop at all, it was completely fine.
0 Kudos
ExoticHaha
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the late reply I tried an ethernet connection and it didn't drop at all, it was completely fine.

0 Kudos
ExoticHaha
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

bump

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just to confirm, you say you  don't get the problem on Ethernet ?

In which case there probably isn't much you can do except to minimise any interference your wifi may be having.

Install one of the many free wifi scanners and make sure your wifi's channel isn't conflicting with any neighbours.

If you're using a 40Mhz wide channel, drop it to 20Mhz as that will be more reliable.

and if your on 2.4Ghz, see if you can connect at 5Ghz as thats less crowded, although its also more susceptible to range and walls and things.

And see if anything else in your house want to use wifi a lot. With wifi everything takes turns including communication with the hub, so you'll wait while the hub sends you something, then it will wait while you send it something, then you'll wait while another wifi device has its turn. Usually this happens so quickly that you don't notice, but sometimes there can be problems.

0 Kudos