Menu
Dilly1
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My broadband slows down every night

My broadband slows down every night for the past fortnight and is getting really frustrating as I get told by VM to reboot modem and they will do checks on there side and it should be running OK after 48 hours but to no avail I'm still having the persistent problem every night 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My broadband slows down every night

Do you get full speed at off peak times?  Slow speeds at peak times (typically 4pm-11pm weekdays and weekends) but full speed at off peak times is normally a symptom of high utilisation/contention in your area.

Somebody from the VM forum team should be along in a few days (up to a week) to check your connection and can confirm if there is a known issue with your segment of the network. If that is the case they should provide a fault reference and pass your details onto another team who should inform you about your credit options for the lack of service via a PM. They should also be able to provide a review date for the fault. Note that it is a review date not a guaranteed fix date and some customers affected by this kind of issue have been waiting over a year for a fix.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My broadband slows down every night

Hey Dilly1,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering problems with your speeds at the moment. I understand how frustrating slow speeds can be.

I've run some checks our end and I can see there is currently a peak time issue. Our engineers are on the case and they're currently planning to undertake some broadband upgrades to support an increased demand for services in your area. Once they have carried out their work you'll find that peak time speeds return to normal.

The reference for this ongoing work is F004892014, the current review date is 22nd February 2017. I'll pass the details to a colleague who'll PM you with details of a loss of service credit for the duration of the issues. They'll also provide you with updates on the next review date.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos