Menu
rpj98
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My Wifi keeps cutting out after we upgraded to a faster speed.

We recently updated our wifi speed from an older router and package. However, With an old Ntl box we haven't changed any cables. Including the coaxial cable. Do we need a splitter? Or new cables? I don't think we received everything we needed. The wifi seems to cut out all the time.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Wifi keeps cutting out after we upgraded to a faster speed.

hiya @rpj98 welcome to the virginmedia community upgrading broadband speed shouldn't impact on your wifi connectivity availability, what hardware do you have, e.g. make/model?
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Wifi keeps cutting out after we upgraded to a faster speed.

Hello rpj98,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the forum Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that your wireless connection isn't performing well at the moment. I've taken a look at your equipment, I can see you're using our Superhub 2 and everything looks good with the set-up.

Would you please try and change the operating wireless channel to see if this helps. For instructions on how to do this, please take a look at our help article - Changing the Virgin Media router's wireless channel / frequency

Let us know if this helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos