Menu
Gizmo68
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My VM wifi does not seem to be discoverable to my HP LAPTOP AND ORINTER

When my VM was installed on Monday I connected my two iPads and iPhone with in minutes but my hp laptop and wireless printer does not seem to pick up the wife and all are in the same room and the wifi is fab ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Please help this is driving me nuts as I have set this up many times before
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Vxrdilly
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My VM wifi does not seem to be discoverable to my HP LAPTOP AND ORINTER

We had the same issue with my kindle... we had to change the channel settings on the router to a higher number

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried pairing them using WPS?

Vxrdilly
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

We had the same issue with my kindle... we had to change the channel settings on the router to a higher number

carp_brother
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

you probably got this solved many months ago but I found that the problem wasn't with the router at all, movever a configuration.

The wireless capabilities in my wireless printer could only pick up Wireless A, B and G over 2GHz wireless signals and both my VM Antenna (2 and 5G) were broadcasting only N on 2Ghz and 5GHz. I think this is probably the default, I think I made the 2G broadcast A, B, G and N on 2GHz and the printer soon picked it up.  This is a common problem with devices that you expect or believe the wifi capabilities are more modern and work with the newer wavebands but they don't. 

Downgrading one of the antennae on the router so it can broadcast more legacy wifi signals so the older devices can see it is the way to go. 

Notverytechno
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Any chance there is a way to solve this without having to be a wiz kid? 

I do not know where to find, how to change channels or ABGN whatever signals.

Please a little help in a way that a complete techno foob can understand too.

We used to have a hub 1 and now a superb 3. Our HP Envy 4500 used to work like a charm and now can't even detect the wifi. I've tried the pushing the WPS button for three seconds while the printer told me to but this doesn't work. it just timed out.

0 Kudos