Menu
Milverton
Tuning in
Message 1 of 45
Flag for a moderator

My Kindles will not connect to new Superhub

I have a the latest dual channel Superhub. Our iPads, smartphones and xbox all connect wirelessly with no problem but our Kindles cannot. A message pops up about authentication etc. what's the problem here with the new hub?

many thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 45
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My Kindles will not connect to new Superhub

Change to WPA2 (not enterprise)
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

All Replies
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 45
Flag for a moderator

What security level is the wireless password set to?

WEP, WPA, WPA2 etc

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Milverton
Tuning in
Message 3 of 45
Flag for a moderator

WPA Auto.

thanks.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 45
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Change to WPA2 (not enterprise)
Milverton
Tuning in
Message 5 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Gary - thanks. You are a genius! Both Kindles now connected.

0 Kudos
jbb11mhu
Joining in
Message 6 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Is this WPA2-PSK[AES] ?? I'm having the same problem, it will only connect when I disable the security, not something I really want to do.
0 Kudos
Milverton
Tuning in
Message 7 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Yes. However, our Kindles can't seem to maintain the wifi connection and after a few days they will revert to the 3G connection. In order for me to reconnect the Kindles to wifi, I have to login to the Superhub2 wireless manager and click back onto WPA AUTO which allows the Kindles to reconnect to the wifi again. Again, the wifi connection will be lost after a few days and I am back onto the 3G connection. So....I log on again and click on WPA2-PSK(AES) and ad infinitum. It's a pain and I think it is something to do with the Superhub2 as I never had this problem with my old VM Netgear cable modem. Frankly I think the new SH2 leaves a lot to be desired and I do not think VM have tested their new router in all respects. Again my old Netgear router had a better range (although it was not 5g).

Good Luck!

0 Kudos
Hugoluck
Joining in
Message 8 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Just found this.  Did it ever get sorted?  Just upgraded to superhub 2 and both kindles knocked out as you describe

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hugoluck,

Thanks for posting, did you mange to resolve this by changing the wireless security mode, perhaps setting up a guest wireless network with the alternate settings for the Kindles might be an option.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

kippaxman
Joining in
Message 10 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Since the new SH kindles won't connect. Same as above,  change a channel or a  setting & hey presto for  a day or so then won't connect again. Works perfectly with the brother in laws older style hub, works at the mother in laws BT hub, worked in Turkey last week but not with the Superhub. Phone up for support & they just change a channel so you go away. This needs looking into higher up the VM food chain.

0 Kudos