Menu
Akiba101
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Modem mode not working

Hi there

Recently I bought a new router for my virgin hub 3.0. I set my hub3 in modem mode and connected it via WAN to my tplink router. After that however the internet died and we factory reset the router. Now when I try to boot the router in modem mode, it stalls for a few seconds, all 3 symbol lights come on green and then they flash RED at which point the router boots in router mode.

I called previously and they went through a few steps such as a factory reset and a manual factory reset but nothing works.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Modem mode not working

sounds faulty but honestly dont know - try another factory reset - hold the button a good 30sec - dont guess time it if that does not work then i guess VM will replace it - takes the staff here a week or so to get to threads so if its more urgent than that you can try the phone again - but what offshores scripts will make of it i have no idea

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Modem mode not working

Hi Akiba101,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with modem mode on your Hub 3.0.

From what you have mentioned it does sound like a faulty router and for this I would like to send you a replacement. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos