Menu
fizzyade
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Modem Mode "Freezing"

Hi,

I have a super hub 2ac which I am running in modem mode, but I have an issue which keeps occurring that is becoming a bit of a pain,

The hub stops working!  I have a setup which involves a Mikrotik router and a separate AP which means that I get decent WiFi speeds and coverage round our house.

Every so often (probably once every day or two) the Superhub just appears to freeze, I cannot ping it (192.168.100.1) and the web interface is dead.  The rest of the network (via my mikrotik and wifi AP) works beautifully, just no internet.

If I power cycle the super hub, the internet comes back after it's rebooted.  If I cycle the Mikrotik then the internet remains broken, so it's definitely the hub that is the cause of this.

I have noticed that if the internet does go down (i.e  hub loses sync) then for the duration that it's down the web interface is dead, but if it comes back up then the web interface returns.

Power levels and SNR all look good, and there is nothing in the log on the super hub that indicates that there was any sort of issue.

Anybody else have experience of this?  As you can imagine, it's getting a bit irksome to have to power cycle the hub every time the internet stops working.

Cheers

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Modem Mode "Freezing"

Can you change the MAC to get a new IP and see if it still does that?

Are the vents clear and not blocked by a shelf?

Likely you could need a new SH & PSU.

0 Kudos
fizzyade
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Vents aren't blocked, I can try changing the MAC tomorrow, bit of a pain as I work from home so I have to change my IP on the work router so that I can access the office after I get a new IP on my home connection.

If I were to get a replacement hub will I be able to get a 2ac or will it be a 3? (Not heard great things about them!)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello fizzyade,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

Really sorry to hear that your Superhub is freezing. I've just taken a look at your connection and nothing is standing out in the way of power or SNR levels etc. I agree with legacy1 that a replacement would be the best outcome.

I'll arrange this by confirm your address via PM (purple envelope, top right).

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

fizzyade
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Heather.

I have replied to your PM. Incidentally it did it again this morning, but there is absolutely nothing in the logs to indicate that anything out of the ordinary happened, the modem just goes awol on the network and only comes back after I cycle the power on the modem (no other equipment touched).
0 Kudos
fizzyade
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Huge thanks for Heather for sorting out a replacement hub and the speed upgrade which seemed to have got lost in space.

0 Kudos