Menu
dav88
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Mobile phone connected but no access to internet

Hi,

I'm having a strange error where my girlfriend and I cannot access the internet with both of our mobile phones. It normally states that we're connected to the hub (with full signal) but have no access to the internet. If I connect first then she cannot get on and vice versa. Also we have two different phones and it's basically a race to get on the wi-fi first.

I've tried resetting the hub, forgetting the network on our phones, connecting to the 2G and 5G mode but nothing seems to work and we're often using our own mobile data. Both phones have no problem connecting it's just the lack of internet on one of them.

We have other wi-fi devices connected fine including smart tvs, now tv box and laptops. Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

Dave

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile phone connected but no access to internet

Which hub do you have?

I take it the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks have seperate SSIDs

You could try using WPA2 with AES encryption. If that fails you could try temporarily disabling the wifi encryption for testing purposes.

What make \ mdel are the phones?

0 Kudos
dav88
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile phone connected but no access to internet

Hi,

Apologies for not responding sooner. I thought I had automatic alerts when someone responds set up but apparently not!

I have the virgin media 2ac router. I believe both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks have separate SSIDs but I'll check this when I'm home.

It's very strange, it sometimes works and other times it doesn't. The gf has an I phone 5 and I have a Sony Experia Z2 I believe!

Thanks for your response.

Dave

0 Kudos