Menu
SandyB97
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Device and Laptop disconnects and will not reconnect to Super Hub 2

I am living in student accommodation which provides internet using a Virgin Media Super Hub 2. And unfortunately during my time spent here, I have been encountering issues involving connection to the internet, including both my mobile device and laptop.

My OnePlus 2 phone originally connected to the Hub, giving me the choice between both 2g and 5g networks. However over time, my phone will disconnect from this and refuses to reconnect until the Virgin Media Hub is reset. The time that my phone does stay connected after the hub is reset is not consistent. On occasions, it can last a day but other times it will only last a matter of seconds.

My HP laptop did not allow me to connect to the 5g network originally due to its WiFi adapter not being sufficient. Meaning I bought an external WiFi adapter which solved this issue. However, recently my laptop will disconnect at unexpected times and will also refuse to connect to the WiFi until the Hub is reset. 

At the time when my laptop disconnects, it then displays the 2g network but also two 5g networks instead of the one. All of these networks are said to be secured but will not let me connect. Below I have shown what appears in my available internet networks.

Screenshot of available internet networksScreenshot of available internet networks

I have never come across these issues before with other WiFi hubs and I believe it is uncommon for this Virgin Media Super Hub 2 to be presenting these problems.

I hope I will hear from you soon

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile Device and Laptop disconnects and will not reconnect to Super Hub 2

Hey SandyB97,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the wireless connection problems you're having. I wonder if you've tried changing your wireless channel yet? Often this will help with problems caused by wireless inference. If you have a go, would you please let us know how you get on.

Thanks again,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey SandyB97,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the wireless connection problems you're having. I wonder if you've tried changing your wireless channel yet? Often this will help with problems caused by wireless inference. If you have a go, would you please let us know how you get on.

Thanks again,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

SandyB97
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting in touch Heather.

My laptop and phone had disconnected from the 5g network again, however I was able to connect to the 2g on my laptop instead. I took the time to then change the wireless channel as you mentioned and now both my devices have reconnected to the 5g network with no problems.

This is amazing news and hopefully it may stay connected in the future. If I do encounter any more issues, I will be sure to get back in touch.

I greatly appreciate your help!

0 Kudos