Menu
johncole10
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

'Message' from Virgin media.

Hello,

I occasionally receive messages from 'Virgin Media Survey'.

It appears to be a 'scam'. 

Is Virgin Media aware of this 'survey'?

Thanks.

"Membership Terms and Conditions:
Membership Terms and Conditions: If I enrol in the membership program I am agreeing to be charged £4.95 today and £78.49 for my trial skincare product in 15 days unless I cancel. 15-day trial begins after product is received. I will receive a full-size bottle of skincare product for £78.49 (S&H included) every 30 days thereafter until I cancel. My credit card will be billed and my shipment will be sent automatically at those times. Shipments will continue until I call to cancel my membership at 0845 528 1257 or by emailing support@findbeautyandtruth.com, open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Refunds may be made within 30 days of order upon returning your product. You may cancel your membership at any time. Shipping and handling is non-refundable. For a trial refund, you do not need to return the trial product."

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 'Message' from Virgin media.

Yes, Virgin Media are aware of the scams, but they aren't involved in any way so it's difficult to stop them.

The sites themselves tailor to the company the person is using for their internet service. There is nothing in the surveys that is authorised by Virgin Media, nor do they come from any part of your internet service directly provided by Virgin Media.

There is a discussion about the similar surveys here http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Can-anything-be-done-to-stop-these-annoying-quo...

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, Virgin Media are aware of the scams, but they aren't involved in any way so it's difficult to stop them.

The sites themselves tailor to the company the person is using for their internet service. There is nothing in the surveys that is authorised by Virgin Media, nor do they come from any part of your internet service directly provided by Virgin Media.

There is a discussion about the similar surveys here http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Can-anything-be-done-to-stop-these-annoying-quo...

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
johncole10
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

0 Kudos