Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (107 Views)

Major speed loss using a VPM with Superhub3

Hi. Has anyone had and solved the virgin media superhub 3 problem with using a vpn?
I have 200mbps broadband, but only get a max of 25mbps using ANY paid vpn. I have digibitVPN at the moment, but have tried all the best VPN's around.
I've spoken to virgin media and they say they are aware of the problem and it will be resolved in the next update. But they have been saying that for a couple of years now.
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 2 of 5 (96 Views)

Re: Major speed loss using a VPM with Superhub3

Hi,

I would try and reduce your MTU size (packet size). I use around 1400 and the VPN now works fine... 1500 is the default value, but as far as I can work out around 1420 and higher things start to slow down...

Dan

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5 (85 Views)

Tried that mate. Put it at 1400, rebooted my superhub and ran a speed test. Still the same. Only getting like 23mbps. That's on hardwired and WiFi. On all my devices.
Speeds are fine without VPN's. I really don't understand this. Been trying for months now, with no joy.
Cheers for your advice anyway 😊 👍
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5 (46 Views)

Could someone from the Virgin media team help me with this please? Thank you.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 5 (25 Views)

i am suffering the same on a 200mg line but when i wasn on the 100mg (still on superhub3) there was little loss in speed when the vpn was on
0 Kudos