Menu
Spike999x
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

MacBook Air connects to the internet but will not access any other devices using Superb 2ac router

I replaced my old Virgin router with the Superb 2ac 4 months. Since then my iMac connects to the internet and will connect to my printer, NAS and my Sonos system. However, my MacBook Air will only connect top the internet. It will NOT connect to any other device on the network. It does not appear as a shared device although all sharing features are switched on! I have restricted the router to just the 2.4GHz connection and also enabled the 5.0GHz but the MacBook Air will not connect to the printer, NAS, or Sonos system. It always used to with the old Virgin router. I have gone through troubleshooting steps with Apple. I created a hotspot on my iPhone and connected both the iMac and MacBook Air to it and they could access each other. The conclusion is that the fault is with the Superhub 2ac router. I would like sit replaced unless Virgin can fix the problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: MacBook Air connects to the internet but will not access any other devices using Superb 2ac r...

Hey there Spike999x,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with linking wireless devices on your network.

I've taken a look at your Superhub and I don't see any problems with it that are being registered on our end. Have you altered any of the security settings within your Superhub at all?

If you're still struggling with this, please drop me a PM so I can investigate further.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos