Menu
glynny_xx
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Lots of packet loss & loss of internet connection

Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can help me with my internet issue, as the Virgin Media Networking Team have been less than helpful the past 20 times I have called. 

Every so often my connection will drop out. What do I mean by this? My outgoing packet loss with spike up to 30%~, my character will stop all actions from happening (In a game), I can still see people move, I can still hear people on voice communication, but I cannot do anything. After a few seconds of this, my internet will drop all connections: games, comms, websites etc. and reconnect a few seconds - minutes later.

I've rang the Networking Team and they've given me different answers every single time and different fix dates and I'm sick of being lied to. 

Can someone here please help me with this issue? I've included a "Think Broadband" screenshot of the past 10 hours of internet connection, which I will update again when I'm back from work.

I'm also going to ring again tonight and if a resolution isn't provided to me I will be reporting Virgin Media to Ofcom and ISPA.

a78e676f517698e7fafa45c61c00de9e.png

0 Kudos
glynny_xx
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lots of packet loss & loss of internet connection

Any chance I can get a response to this please?
0 Kudos
glynny_xx
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

EDIT: BQM Graph as of 14/03/2017 14:21 still facing this issue.

9523d07af9c80ca8b96463665e318e1b.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello there glynny_xx,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems with your connection. I've tried to investigate this but I'm unable to locate your account. Would you please drop me a PM confirming your address so I can investigate further.

Thanks again,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
glynny_xx
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's fine now. The problem was an SNR issue and has since been resolved. It only took 4 months to figure out the problem. Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos