Menu
sharpshooter84
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Loss of connection every 7 days

Hi.

I'm losing internet connection every 7 days to the minute. There is no reconnection until I reboot the modem or router. This has happened ever since upgrading to the hub 3.0.

I'm no expert but its obviously a lease time issue but I don't know what to do to remedy this.

The hub 3 is in modem mode and I'm using a netgear r7800 as a router.

Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
Compbck
Superfast
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of connection every 7 days

I just love Netgear Routers and have many years of trouble free networking with various models, but very occasionally they do play up. 

You may need to carry out some elimination tasks to narrow down what might be causing this regular connection shutdown.

Before pressing the good old support button I would recommend trying the VM Hub in Router Mode to  see if the same problem exists, better still set it back to Factory Default, which in theory should clear any obvious configuration issues. It may also be worth setting the Netgear Router back to Factory Default as for good measure and start again with a clean slate.

I love to hear back from you, should you choose to carry out the above suggestions.

0 Kudos
sharpshooter84
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In the router logs it gives me the lease details

Lease Obtained6 Days, 23 Hours, 32 Minutes
Lease Expires6 Days, 23 Hours, 7 Minutes

Basically, when this goes to zero the connection drops out, the light on the router says theres no connection. If I reboot either the router or the modem the lease is renewed and the connection resumes.

Again, I'm no expert but as far as I'm aware the lease obtained by the router for the WAN port is assigned by the hub 3 yet I can see no options for this in the hub 3 settings. Running the hub 3 in router mode is not an option because its crap.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi sharpshooter84, 

Thanks for posting to make us aware of your issues with your loss of connection every 7 days, I can appreciate this may be frustrating for you so apologies for any bother.

I have tested things from here and I noticed that there's a few time outs inside the Hubs logs, I would like to arrange for this to be investigated further by one of our engineers for you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll ensure this all gets booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
domed
Just joined
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The same thing is happening to me with the hub 3 in modem mode it drops the router every 7 days.  When I log into the hub 3 there is nothing that I can see or set to change DHCP lease time for the attached router.  I'm hoping you sorted out the issue for the person who started this thread and really keen to see if you can fix this for me as well

0 Kudos
sharpshooter84
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the issue was never sorted. I have to reboot the router or the modem every 7 days to renew the lease. 

0 Kudos
thisisfeeds
Settling in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the issue was never sorted. I have to reboot the router or the modem every 7 days to renew the lease.

+1 thanks for comment!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi thisisfeeds, 

Thanks for letting us know that your issues haven't been resolved. I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have tried to test the connection from here but I was unable to locate any of your details via your forum account. In order to proceed with diagnostics, I will need some information from you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with diagnostics, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos