Menu
Vicx84
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Location services are wrong?

Just upgraded to a super hub from an older hub and ever since all my location services on things like Facebook etc are all registering that I'm in Stafford rather than Manchester? Any ideas how to fix this??
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Location services are wrong?

Facebook etc all contract out IP location to massive database companies (Geolocation services) which keep track of where an IP address was last seen. These companies they contract with tell them where they think the IP is based and Facebook etc report that location.

All you need do is wait and eventually these geolocation companies will catch on that the IP address is now in a new location from where it was last seen. To aid it along, run with bluetooth enabled on all of your devices if they support it, as some companies like Google etc use it to track you and that data gets passed on as part how they locate you when you use their services.

You can also use this page: https://whatismyipaddress.com/ and go with the 'Location not accurate?' option to pass feedback on to a couple of these massive geolocation companies.

Edit: Added a link.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos