Menu
Bluey_UK
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Lease expiring every 60 minutes, Now getting beyond a joke.

As title says this has been happening for a few days towards the end of last week then the lease changed to a weekly expire on Wednesday and internet was stable again now it is back to a 60 minute cycle !! It is now damn near impossible to game online.

Your thoughts and solutions would be appreciated.Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
hc1970
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lease expiring every 60 minutes, Now getting beyond a joke.

Just been on the phone to support as I was getting the 1 hour renew on the WAN IP then after the phone call I noticed it was 90 minutes.  Waited until the time and the connection dropped out and called again.  I mentioned the renew on the WAN IP and that it coincided with the connection going.  He said he was changing a few things on the router and low and behold it is back to 7 days.  He did say that the downstream power was low and is sending another router.  I'm in the WN4 area. 

Try mentioning that the WAN IP renew in the router coincides with the drop out they may alter it for you. 

Worth a try.

All Replies
Luvey
Joining in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The same thing happened to me and a few others from the Wigan are last weekend, started last Friday and fixed itself by Monday/Tuesday. Then it went back to 1 hour again this Friday afternoon

0 Kudos
Piggie123
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

i had this issue last week. upgraded to superhub 3 all the problem went away i think the problem is superhub 2 ac

0 Kudos
Bluey_UK
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Piggie123 wrote:

i had this issue last week. upgraded to superhub 3 all the problem went away i think the problem is superhub 2 ac

I don't think this issue is related to which type of superhub it is more related to Virgins incompetence to comprehend there is a issue with 60 minute lease times most noticeably in the WN1-7 areas as reported in a previous thread, Now if it was a power level issue they would be all over it like a rash.

0 Kudos
Bluey_UK
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Luvey wrote:

The same thing happened to me and a few others from the Wigan are last weekend, started last Friday and fixed itself by Monday/Tuesday. Then it went back to 1 hour again this Friday afternoon

Yes I read that thread and the response from virgin was zero !! I did get the weekly expire time reset but was away in London till Friday evening and only realised after getting kicked from Xbox live on the hour every hour and checked my device status to find it was back to 60 mins !!!

0 Kudos
hc1970
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just been on the phone to support as I was getting the 1 hour renew on the WAN IP then after the phone call I noticed it was 90 minutes.  Waited until the time and the connection dropped out and called again.  I mentioned the renew on the WAN IP and that it coincided with the connection going.  He said he was changing a few things on the router and low and behold it is back to 7 days.  He did say that the downstream power was low and is sending another router.  I'm in the WN4 area. 

Try mentioning that the WAN IP renew in the router coincides with the drop out they may alter it for you. 

Worth a try.

melloorr
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Mine is also at 7 days now, are you our knight in shining armour?
0 Kudos
Bluey_UK
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Well done hc1970 Whoever you spoke to actually understood the issue and fixed it for us all it seems as I am now on 7 days. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Luvey
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Mine is back to 7 days aswell. This is what happened last week.

Friday-Sunday = 1 hour lease time.

Monday-Thursday = 7 days

0 Kudos
Bluey_UK
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Update - DO not reboot your modem if you have previously suffered this issue as your lease will revert back to 1 hour loop as I have just found out much to my dismay !!!!! currently on phone to India support line.

0 Kudos