Menu
smileriraq
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Last Chance -internet drop outs

Otherwise Ill be looking for a new provider regardless of whether you fix the issue.Last couple of months my internet regular drops out.

I cannot get an answer from your support (either chat or telephone) and on 2 occasions when I was finally got through the phone was put down on me without even speaking to me (could hear the call centre in the background) after a 20 minute wait time each time that is simply unacceptable.

I managed once to get you guys on the phone but they offered the same solution that I came up with ie (reboot the router) which does fix the problem most of the time until the next time it happens. Its getting irritating now especially when it occurs at inopportune times (streaming a movie for example) as it takes a good 5-10 minutes for it to complete the reset. This weekend alone I have reset the router 6 times.

When it goes ive tried wired and wireless and no internet comes through. Its particularly annoying as every time i reboot I have to set up the parental controls on the router to limit my sons activity time on the internet.

Im fairly IT savvy (used to work for you guys as tech support back when you were cabletel) so I have a fairly good tech knowledge and Im fairly sure its the router. The problem is that trying to get in contact with you guys is very difficult especially when it goes down is outside of working hours ( your peak time)

Had a gutsful now this has gone on for too long and too frequently for it to be simply an outage,you jack up the prices yet offer very little in terms of customer service for the record I dont blame the people working at the callcentre this is a management issue because you simply do not implement any changes to the complaint process to make an improvement, where as the workers on the callcentre are overwhelmed and bear the brunt of customer dissatisfaction without being to effect any tangible changes.

I expect a refund on my bill and an improvement on the service and some form of contact otherwise I will be changing my provider at the earliest opportunity.

make it happen

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Last Chance

Hi smileriraq, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear that your connection has been dropping out regularly for months. I apologise for any inconvenience.

I've tested your connection from here and I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, would you please include a recent copy of your Hubs logs in your response for me to compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before logging in it will say 'Router Status' click there and all the information needed is inside.

What does the Hubs light sequence indicate when the connection drops?

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
smileriraq
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

finally managed to get an engineer out and there was a faulty connector outside that was causing the problem

Thank you for responding tho

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello smileriraq,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Good to hear that our engineer was able to resolve this for you. Apologies again for the problems you experienced, please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos