Menu
Carl65
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Laptops able to see wifi network but not connect to the internet

In our household we have a mixture of Macbooks, Laptop, iPads & smartphones, just over a week ago the wifi signal was very slow and so I decided to do a reboot of the router.

Since doing this, my sons Lenovo laptop (running windows 10) and my wife's Macbook pro (probably about 8 yrs old) can see the wifi but not connect top the internet, my 18 month old Macbook pro can connect to wif and access the internet (however ever time i switch the my macbook off it looses connection and i have to reconnect in the network assist area)

My iPad seem to connect to the internet most of the time, except it will not allow You Tube to work.

Any ideas as to how to correct these various issues would be very welcome, prior to Sunday 4th December all these were working well.

Thanks for any help

Carl

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Laptops able to see wifi network but not connect to the internet

Sounds like the 2.4ghz WiFi isn't playing nice but the 5ghz is.

Try changing the 2.4ghz WiFi channel from auto to 1
0 Kudos
Carl65
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply jb66, I've tried this but it hasn't resolved our problem, I think most of our systems use 5ghz.

cheers, Carl

0 Kudos
Carl65
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just an update for this thread, after a lengthy  phone call to Virgin where all fixes didn't work we were sent a new router (3) and everything is now back to normal...result!

0 Kudos