Menu
Jpraft
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Laptop, iPhone but not TVs connecting to internet

Hi,

just switched to VM, full package tv, phone, broadband. Broadband is ok on several laptops, iPad, iPhone. But neither of 2 TVs (Samsung, Panasonic) can connect to internet. Both identify VM, but password does not succeed. I tried turning Hub3 off/on, same with each TV but no good. Advice on what next to try would be much appreciated.

thanks

0 Kudos
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Laptop, iPhone but not TVs connecting to internet

I take it that they are both on WiFi. Separate the 2.4 and 5 bands on your hub to have different SSIDs and then try just the 2.4 band first.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just a little question have you messed with the wireless mode settings on the Hub? Perhaps set it to AC only or something along them lines, I normally see people having your problem when the older wifi standard devices try to connect when the router is only supporting the latest wifi standards (ac)
0 Kudos
Jpraft
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

thanks for replies. I've not messed with Hub settings - it's as installed by VM.

im dual running VM and Plusnet broadband till latter's contract expires. 

Billion 7800 dx router connects to both TVs. Billion router has 2.4 and 5 wavelengths, setting Hub3 to single wavelength seems unlikely to solve problem? Still puzzled so suggestions welcomed Thanks Jpraft

0 Kudos