Menu
kierankilmartin
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Laptop freezes intermittently while connect to home network

I use my laptop computer regulatory on my work network and my home network. While on the home network my laptop intermittently freezes for a few seconds. The mouse freezes or if I am on a Skype call communication is lost for those seconds. As this does not happen while I am connected to other networks I assume it has something to do with the Virgin Media network or router. I have a Virgin Media Super Hub 2 and a Dell laptop running  Windows 7 Enterprise. Has anybody had similar experiences and fixed these or can anyone offer advice on troubleshooting this problem?

Many thanks

Kieran

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Laptop freezes intermittently while connect to home network

Hi kierankilmartin,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing intermittent connection.

I've taken a look at your connection and the upstream power levels are on the high side. For this I can arrange an engineer appointment to check this for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can go ahead with the appointment.

There is also a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004386273 and with a review date of 25th January 2017.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos