Menu
Ginnes
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Lag spikes and disconnects every minute for a month

Hi. Been in touch with virgin 12 times now over the last month but I'm getting sick of still having the same issue.

Wired, wireless PS4 and Xbox one, iPad and iPhones, nvidia shield tv are all being disconnected and reconnected or have 12 second lag spikes every minute or two when online gaming or streaming.

Virgin have tested this and say the signal coming into the house is fine and that it could be the game company or Xbox or Sony...this doesn't explain iPad, android phones or nvidia shield tv streaming.

It turns out that Microsoft and Sony say everything is fine their end.

kids can't game online, we can't stream our tv without constant resetting and this is all over and above the low download speeds that virgin have until April. Im sick of it.

Please fix this or send someone round because I can't call again. If I hear that Elton john song one more time....
0 Kudos
Ginnes
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lag spikes and disconnects every minute for a month

Anyone at Virgin able to help?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lag spikes and disconnects every minute for a month

Hi Ginnes,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing issues with your broadband connection.

From checking your connection, I am unable to see any issue on your line or the network that would cause these disconnections. 

When the internet disconnects, do you notice any lights change on the router at all?

Are you able to post the network log from the router please for us to check over? To do this type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, no need to sign in and in the middle click on Check router status. Within here you will have downstream, upstream and network log. You can copy and paste this information, that would be great.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos