Menu
ajpdavison
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

LOST MDD TIMEOUT

Hi

My wireless keeps dropping out and when I checked the router I can see the error message LOST MDD TIMEOUT.

Any ideas what I can do to fix??

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: LOST MDD TIMEOUT

Posting the hub's power levels  and network logs in full would help to diagnose if you have a problem with the connection between the hub and VM's servers. A single lost MDD error is nothing to worry about and has nothing to do with the wireless.

However, if the connection is dropping between the hub and VM's servers then obviously, any wireless client would not be able to reach the Internet.

The acid test would be to check if any devices connected to the hub by ethernet cable drop the same time or if the Hub's lights change.

0 Kudos
ajpdavison
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks- the wi-fi has been playing up for a while, causing my internet and wifi speakers (sharing wifi but not internet connection) to keep dropping.

I checked the logs as it was the last thing i could think of.  Having checked them again just now the message seems to come up every couple of minutes which is the same time I had problems earlier with my speakers.

Do you think I need to speak to Virgin about this??

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No idea, as you have not posted any diagnostic information.

You could have possibly two things going on here.

Loss of internet connection between the hub and VM's servers? Testing with a device directly connected to the hub would be the acid test, as if the wired device drops connection to the internet the same time as the wireless then it it the internet connection dropping. The hub lights should also change sequence.

Wireless interference? Have your wifi speakers have their own wireless transmitter? If so, are they broadcasting on a wireless channel at least 4 channels from the Hub's wireless radiom or the same channel? The wireless speakers and hub could be xross interfereing.

0 Kudos